Are you camping with family or friends and interested in making a cake? Well, the AHP Campfire Cake Hack may be a bit out of the ordinary… it’s cooked inside an orange. But don’t let the oddity dissuade you. It’s a wonderfully easy food hack and so much fun for all involved. After a few easy steps, and some delightful conversation or a drink by the fire, your cakes will be done!
AHP Campfire Cake Hack
- aluminum foil
- oranges: 6
- Duncan Hines Chocolate Cake Mix: 1
- eggs: 3
- water: 1 c
- vegetable oil: 1/3 c
- chocolate chips: 8 ounces
- Cut off the tops of all six oranges.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the meat of the oranges, then set aside.
- Follow the recipe on the back of the Duncan Hines Chocolate Cake Mix box.
- Then add 8 ounces of chocolate chips to the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the oranges 3/4 full.
- Place the orange tops back on the fruit and wraps in aluminum foil.
- Place near the fire. Cook for 20 minutes total but turning the oranges at the 10 minute mark.
Let’s fancify the food coming out of your kitchen.
The recipes in this section probably won’t be organic but they will be tasty. A food hacks base is centered around a pre-made element or boxed item but will have a twist. The twist allows what could be a boring or bland dish to become something that you wouldn’t be ashamed to serve to a chief! These recipes are easy yet wonderful and can be made on any budget. Food hacks allow an individual who may not be particularly inclined in the kitchen to provide fabulous meals, snacks or desserts to family and friends, without all the nerves and fuss. They are also great for people who just don’t have the time to make everything from scratch.