I never thought to put Frangelico in anything but coffee, hot chocolate, and every dessert I make… until my husband surprised me with a Frangelico themed Valentine’s Day dinner. Every dish, dessert and drink had the liqueur in it, and it was wonderful! One of my favorite drinks of the night was the Chocolate Cake Shot. I am not a dessert drink type of girl, but the shot was truly sublime. I wouldn’t mind consuming all my chocolate cake in alcoholic form! If you have looked at the recipe and think it a bit odd that citrus vodka is used in a drink that is supposed to be reminiscent of chocolate cake… I’m with you. But somehow it works! Here’s the recipe with an AHP twist! A slice of cake in just a couple pours!
AHP Chocolate Cake Shot
- Rokz Cocktail Effects Chocolate Martini Sugar: as needed
- SKYY Infusions Citrus Vodka: 1 part
- Frangelico Liqueur: 1 part
- lemon slice: 1 per shot
- Rim the shot glass with lemon and Rokz Cocktail Effects Chocolate Martini Sugar.
- Add 1 part SKYY Infusions Citrus Vodka then 1 part Frangelico hazelnut liqueur; stir together.
- Get lemon slice.
How to drink?
Lick the rim, shoot the AHP Chocolate Cake Shot, and bite the lemon. Enjoy!