The AHP Cracked Pepper & Honey Fruit Salad is not the fruit salad of your childhood, it’s a modern take on a sad classic, that actually tastes good! You will not need your melon-baller for this recipe. Grab a knife, fresh fruit and a few other items to dress it up. My toddler asks for this fruit salad three times a day! My husband, who barely eats fruit, loves it too. And my baby doesn’t bother using a fork or her hands to eat this snack, she just inserts her face into the bowl.
AHP Cracked Pepper & Honey Fruit Salad
- strawberries: 16 ounce box
- grapes, red and green: 16 ounces
- bananas: 2 large
- sour cream: 1/2 c
- mayonnaise: 1/4 c
- honey: 1T, plus extra for drizzling
- lemon: 1/2
- freshly ground pepper
- kosher salt
- large mixing bowl
- Wash grapes and strawberries.
- Allow washed fruit to dry on towel while you prep everything else.
- Prepare dressing, mix together, sour cream, mayonnaise, honey, lemon freshly ground pepper and kosher salt.
- Set dressing aside while you prep fruit.
- Slice strawberries and grapes in half, then place in bowl with dressing.
- Slice the bananas and immediately add them to the dressing bowl.
- Fruit salad can be served room temperature or cold.
- When ready to serve, drizzle honey over each helping and then grind a bit of pepper on top.
I started making this fruit salad because my children eat a ton of fruit. They didn’t ask for a change, but I felt the sliced up strawberry routine was getting old. My toddler thinks of the AHP Cracked Pepper & Honey Fruit Salad as a dessert and last night ask for it as such. Best, most, healthy dessert ever!