Crispy pecans are much different from their plain cousin. There is no butter or sugar required to make them, yet, they taste both of butter and have a rich sweetness. As you read the recipe below, you may think to yourself that AHP Crispy Pecans can’t possibly be worth all the trouble, but you’ll be wrong.
AHP Crispy Pecans
12 to 24 hours (16 in my oven)
- baking sheet
- large mixing bowl
- wooden spoon
- raw pecan halves: 6 c
- kosher salt: 2 T
- Pour pecans and kosher salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Add water. The water should cover the pecans, allowing them to float around.
- The nuts should be left to soak overnight, for at least 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Drain nuts
- Spread pecans out on a baking sheet. Don’t use a cast iron vessel.
- Place in oven.
- Toss nuts several times during the process. Check as often as life will allow.
- Cooking times with vary but the nuts should be completely dried out and crisp.
- Store in an airtight container.
You can also make crispy almonds, cashews, peanuts, etc.