Chickpeas are loved by most everyone, young and old. They provide endless culinary opportunities. Hummus is amazing and plain chickpeas are a great addition to anything, but if you really want to ignite your taste buds, roasting is the best option and it’s something your whole family will love. These little roasted morsels can be eaten as a side dish, thrown in a salad, enjoyed as a snack, or tossed in pretty much any dish.
For this dish I use Sir Kensington’s Chipotle Mayonnaise. Sure if your up for it you can make your own chipotle mayonnaise, but it wouldn’t be as simple and… their mayonnaise is sublime.
AHP Easy Chipotle Roasted Chickpeas
cook and prep time
1 hour 15 minutes
- chickpeas: 12 ounces
- Sir Kensington’s Chipotle Mayonnaise: 3T
- olive oil: 3T
- kosher salt: 1-1/2 t
- fresh ground pepper: 1-1/2 t
- shredded asiago cheese: 5 ounces
- sheet pan
- Rise and clear away any debris from the chickpeas.
- Using the soaking method, place chickpeas in a large bowl and fill with water. Water level should come 4-6 inches above the chickpeas, they will soak it up.
- Let soak for approximately 8 hours, then rinse, drain, and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together Sir Kensington’s Chipotle Mayonnaise, olive oil, kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Add chickpeas to wet ingredients.
- Evenly spread out coated chickpeas on a sheet pan.
- Place in oven for a total of an hour. Check and toss every 15 minutes. At the 45 minute mark after the last toss top chickpeas with cheese.
- Once chickpeas are done, store in an airtight container. If the chickpeas need some additional olive oil add and toss.