For a quick and easy gourmet breakfast (dessert) try making the AHP Easy Gourmet Chocolate French Toast. The meal is just a wonderful as any you’ll have at a fancy restaurant and it’s simple! Since this site is for the whole family, this recipe also includes half plain French Toast.
AHP Easy Gourmet Chocolate French Toast
- 13X9 inch glass baking dish
- cast-iron skillet
- cookie sheet
- eggs: 3
- half-and-half: 1 cup
- kosher salt: a pinch
- maple syrup: 1T
- French brioche bread: 1/2 loaf
- French chocolate brioche bread: 1/2 loaf
- salted butter: 1/2 stick
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together half-and-half, eggs, kosher salt and the maple syrup.
- Place 1 inch slices of both the types of brioche breads in the glass baking dish.
- Pour egg mixture over the bread. Let soak for 10 minutes. Don’t let the mix sit on the brioche for more than the allotted time. Many recipes call for the bread to sit in the custard for 30 minutes or more. For this recipe, the brioche is too fragile and will start to come apart if exposed to the liquid for that long.
- On low heat, using a cast-iron skillet (preferably), melt 1–2T of butter depending on the size of skillet. Cook brioche until golden-brown.
- Remove from skillet and place the French toast in the oven for 5–8 minutes. Custard should form a golden crust over toast.
- Serve with maple syrup or just with some butter!