Yes, I have ditched cow’s milk! All that rubbish I was in possession of is in the trash. Although, the total avoidance is going to take some figuring out, (due to baking). I thought today I’d start off with a simple COW FREE comfort food recipe that the whole family will love. It’s quick and easy!
AHP Goat’s Cheese Grilled Cheese
- baking sheet
- cast iron skillet
- garlic: 1/2 head
- olive oil: 1/2 cup
- Italian bread: 1 loaf/8 slices
- mayonnaise: for spreading
- creamy goat cheese: 12 ounces
- fresh spinach: 4 handfuls
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Prep garlic
- Using a mortar and pestle grind garlic, olive oil, and 1/2 T of kosher salt to combine.
- Using a cast iron skillet over medium heat, sauté the ground garlic in olive oil for 30 seconds.
- Before removing the oil from the pan, coat entire skillet with oil. Pour remaining oil in a small bowl for later.
- Spread mayonnaise on all 8 slices of bread, then assemble sandwiches with the goat cheese and a handful of spinach.
- Over medium heat cook the sandwiches for approximately 2 minutes on each side. Add garlic oil to the pan as needed.
- Once the first sandwich is done cooking on the skillet place in the preheated oven.
- Immediately turn off the oven.
- Continue cooking the rest of the sandwiches adding each sandwich to the oven when complete.
- To serve slice each sandwich in half or in 6 slices for the little one! Pour the remaining olive oil in individual ramekins for dipping or over the top of the sandwich.