If I am going to eat prepackaged mac & cheese, it’s going to be Kraft Velveeta Original Shells & Cheese. The creamy nature, the pasta capable of holding some of the sauce, is unlike some other slick extruded pastas. Although, this dish is fine served as is, here’s how I mix-it-up. It’s great for kids… the horseradish is not spicy, it just adds a little twist and tang. The Sriracha sauce is added after for those who desire it!
AHP Horseradish Mac & Cheese Food Hack
cook & prep time
- frozen peas: 1 c
- Kraft Velveeta Original Shells & Cheese: 12 ounce box
- horseradish aioli: 1/4 c
- freshly ground pepper
- kosher salt
- Sriracha sauce
- In a large pot boil water (don’t forget to add salt to the water).
- Place peas in a large bowl of hot water. Let defrost in the bowl until they are needed.
- Once water is boiling, add pasta.
- Cook for about 6 minutes. The cook time states 10 minutes, but I have never had it take that long.
- Drain pasta, then add back to pot.
- Add peas, horseradish aioli and plenty of freshly ground pepper and salt. Mix together, then continue to cook for an additional couple minutes.
- Plate, then add a drizzle of Sriracha sauce when desired.
Let’s fancify the food coming out of your kitchen.
The recipes in this section probably won’t be organic but they will be tasty. A food hacks base is centered around a pre-made element or boxed item but will have a twist. The twist allows what could be a boring or bland dish to become something that you wouldn’t be ashamed to serve to a chief! These recipes are easy yet wonderful and can be made on any budget. Food hacks allow an individual who may not be particularly inclined in the kitchen to provide fabulous meals, snacks or desserts to family and friends, without all the nerves and fuss. They are also great for people who just don’t have the time to make everything from scratch.