I love banana bread, but sometimes it can be a bit boring… but not this recipe! AHP Jamaican Banana Bread is moist and has a lovely rum kicker!
AHP Jamaican Banana Bread
2 loafs/16 servings
- hand mixer
- large mixing bowl
- two loaf pans
- mixing spoon
- over-ripe bananas: 8
- melted unsalted butter: 2 sticks, 1 c
- granulated sugar: 1-1/2 c
- rum: 1 c
- kosher salt: 1 t
- vanilla extract: 2 T
- eggs: 6
- all-purpose flour: 2 cups
- baking powder: 4 t
- black walnuts: 2 c
- semi-sweet chocolate chips: If desired add 8 ounces of chips per loaf.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat the loaf pans with butter and line with parchment paper.
- Add bananas, melted unsalted butter, granulated sugar, rum, kosher salt, vanilla extract, and eggs to the large mixing bowl incorporate ingredients together using a hand mixer.
- Add flour and baking powder to mix then combine using the hand mixer.
- Fold in walnuts and chocolate chips into the batter if desired.
- Pour the mix into the loaf pans and bake!