Fall has arrived and the season of baking has returned. Every event or holiday needs its own dessert, and ours, the AHP Peanut Butter Boos. A buttery cookie sandwich filled with whipped sweetened peanut butter dipped in heavenly chocolate. The treats are perfect for your Halloween party, to bring into the office or just to have around! This delicious dessert will definitely sweeten your Halloween!
AHP Peanut Butter Boos
8 minutes per batch
- butter: 2 sticks
- sugar: 3/4 c
- egg: 1 whole
- vanilla: 1T
- all-purpose flour: 2 c
- kosher salt: 1/4 t
- peanut butter: 1/2 c
- unsalted butter: 3T
- confection sugar: 1/4 c
- salt: 1/4t
- semi-sweet chocolate: 3 ounces
- unsalted butter: 2T
- cookie sheet: at least 2
- double boiler or microwave
- parchment paper
- stand mixer/paddle attachment
- gallon-sized zip top bag or piping bag
- Cream the butter and sugar using a stand mixer with paddle attachment.
- In a separate bowl add a WHOLE EGG and vanilla and whisk together. The vanilla should be high quality, I ran out of vanilla last the time I made this cookie base and ran to the convenient store to grab the cheap stuff, they tasted totally different, don’t do it! Also, I know egg whites tend to dry out cookies but these cookies will not be dry!
- Add egg mixer to creamed butter and mix until combined.
- In 3 to 4 parts add salt and flour slowly to the wet ingredients. You may need to scape down the sides of the mixing bowl half way through the process.
- When ingredients are fully combined grab 1T of dough at a time. Roll dough into a ball using your palms, then smash flat. Try to keep the flat circles of dough uniform, they are going to be stacked.
- Repeat and place raw cookie on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Let hot cookies cool on cooling racks for 1 hour. Should yield 24 small cookie enough for 12 cookie sandwiches.
- Using the stand mixer. Combine peanut butter, unsalted butter, confection sugar and salt. Mix on medium speed until integrated.
- Place filling in a piping or a ziplock bag. The work here is not going to be fancy. So, if you only have a zip top bag, cut a small hole on one corner.
- Fill cookies.
instructions: chocolate dip
- In a double boiler heat chocolate and butter.
- Stir and watch, chocolate can burn easily even in a double boiler.
- When fully melted and combined turn heat off.
- Dip cookie sandwiches in chocolate on one side.
- Place cookies on parchment paper to allow chocolate to harden.
- If you wish add some halloween flare with sprinkles or other candy.
AHP Peanut Butter Boos last one week in an air tight container.