If you love pumpkin desserts, want a healthier option for the kids, or don’t like too-sweet-sweets, you should try the AHP Pumpkin Not-So-Sweets Cupcakes. Lightly sweetened with dark brown sugar and molasses, I get my fall treat fix without having to over-indulge. I made a marshmallow topping for mine that you can even brûlée! If you don’t want to go through the trouble of making your own marshmallow fluff, I am sure buying store bought would work out just fine.
AHP Pumpkin Bourbon Not-so-sweets Cupcakes
18 to 20 minutes per batch
- vegetable oil: 1/3 c
- pumpkin puree: 1 can/ 15 ounces
- molasses: 2T
- Bourbon: 3T
- eggs: 4 large eggs
- vanilla: 1T
- self-rising flour: 2 c
- baking powder: 1t
- dark brown sugar: 1 c
- kosher salt: 1/4t
- 2 cupcake/ muffin pans
- wire cooling rack
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line 2 cupcakes pans with cases.
- In large bowl whisk together vegetable oil, pumpkin puree, molasses, Bourbon, vanilla and eggs.
- In a second large bowl add dry ingredients and mix together.
- Get a spatula ready!
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add liquids, stir together.
- Bake each batch for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool on baking rack before frosting!
If you like the stickers that we made into cupcake toppers there in our store!