Deeply nutty and mildly spicy with a subtle sweetness, these rich AHP Toasted Sweet & Spicy Pecans are great as a snack, paired with your favorite whiskey, tossed in a salad, or added to sugar cookies.
AHP Toasted Sweet & Spicy Pecans
- cast iron pan or baking sheet
- large mixing bowl
- silicone spatula
- small bowl
- kosher salt: 2- 1/2 t
- ground cumin: 1-1/2 t
- hot paprika: 2 t
- crushed red pepper: 2-1/2 t
- pecans: 4 c
- room temperature unsalted butter: 2 T
- real maple syrup: 1/3 c
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl: combine kosher salt, cumin, hot paprika and crushed red pepper.
- Pour pecans into the large mixing bowl.
- Incorporate the spices, coating the pecans evenly.
- Using your hands add butter to the pecan mix, blending throughout.
- Pour real maple syrup over the nuts, coat evenly using a mixing spoon or your hands.
- Spread ingredients onto a cast iron pan or baking sheet.
- Using a silicone spatula scrape the remnants of the real maple syrup and spices from the sides of the mixing bowl and pour over top of the nuts.
- Roast for 10 minutes checking frequently and tossing, these nuts can go from toasted to burnt in a split second.