Are you bored of cranberry jelly in a can, or the frozen cranberry and orange juice routine? Look no further, this is the best cranberry sauce ever! If you have kids, don’t worry that this recipe has jalapeño in it. My eldest daughter thinks ground black pepper is spicy but LOVES the “cranberry jelly” as she calls it!
AHP Jalapeño Cranberry Sauce needs to sit in the fridge for 6 to 12 hours to form the classic jelly loaf, but you can also eat it hot or at any other point along the way to jelly loaf! I prefer it just out of the pot.
AHP Jalapeño Cranberry Sauce
- blender or food processor
- canning funnel
- freshly squeezed lime juice: 1/8 c
- freshly squeezed orange juice: 1/8 c
- fresh cranberries: about 16 ounces
- 100% cranberry juice, not from concentrate: 1/4 c
- agave syrup: 1 c
- jalapeño: 1/4 of the pepper
- Wash and sort the fresh cranberries.
- In a medium saucepan, combine agave, cranberry, lime and orange juice.
- Let mixture come to a boil, let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mince jalapeño
- Add jalapeño and whole cranberries to the liquid ingredients.
- Cook on low for 15 minutes.
- Use a canning funnel to equally distribute 6 servings of AHP Jalapeño Cranberry Sauce.
Prepare right before meal, spoon into dishes when ready to eat.
Cook AHP Jalapeño Cranberry Sauce the night before and store in mold overnight.
not on a schedule
Cook whenever, the cranberry sauce is good at any point of its journey.