Insert some whimsy into your Christmas party with food displayed on an adorable tree instead of a “boring dish.” Or maybe just add a bit of fun to your Christmas morning with your guests or kids.
AHP Savory Christmas Food Tree
- deli chicken breast cut into 1 inch slices: 1 pound
- mozzarella cheese: 1 pound
- cheddar cheese: 1 pound
- kosher dill pickles: 1 pound
- cherry tomatoes: 1 pound
If you are wondering where to get your deli meat sliced into 1 inch slices, you can anywhere they have a deli! Just ask, they may think that you are crazy, but they’ll do it.
- plastic wrap
- styrofoam cone
- tea towel or paper towels
- Cut chicken in to 1 inch cubes.
- Dry off mozzarella balls with a tea towel or paper towel and set aside.
- Cut cheddar cheese into cubes or slice thin and cut into shapes for some extra dimension!
- Slice pickles
- Wash and set aside cherry tomatoes.
- Make balsamic reduction.
AHP Balsamic Reduction
- balsamic vinegar: 2 cups
- brown sugar: 4T
- Stir ingredients together over medium/high heat in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer until mixture has reduced by half. It should take approximately 18 minutes.
- Once the mixture has reduced, set aside until cool.
- Wrap plastic wrap around styrofoam cone.
- Using toothpicks arrange the ingredients on the tree.
- Sometimes I pre-dip some of the ingredients into the balsamic reduction and sometime I don’t.
- Set the remainder of the reduction out for dipping!
Dessert Christmas Food Tree
Buy or make any mini desserts that you could poke with a toothpick and attach to the tree, like mini cupcakes or cinnamon rolls. You can fill in the gaps with most anything, but some of my favorite fillers are grapes, blueberries, or whipping cream.