Want an indulgent, double chocolate cake with ganache? The AHP Duncan Hines Devil’s Food Cake food hack will be one of the silkiest, moistest cakes you’ll ever have in your life. This hack is fast and easy and results in a gourmet cake. I have been making this recipe for the last twelve years and it has always been a hit. If you’re in the mood for a phenomenal dessert but don’t want or have the time to put in all the effort, give this recipe a try. So have a night in with a few friends, or curl up in bed with your spouse, and eat a taste of heaven.
AHP Devil’s Food Cake Food Hack
- eggs: 3
- vanilla: 1T
- vegetable shortening: 2T
- cherry pie filling: 21 ounce can
- Duncan Hines Devil’s Food Cake: 1 box
- semi-sweet chocolate chips: 12 ounces
- butter: 4T
- hand mixer
- 13X9 inch glass baking dish
- microwave or double-boiler
- parchment paper
- Do not follow directions on the box, just use the mix!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking dish with parchment paper. The cake will not stick to the dish but I prefer almost no clean-up.
- Whisk together eggs, vanilla and a cup of water in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt vegetable shortening, then add cherry pie filling to the shortening. You can leave the cherries whole but I personally like to macerate them, a hand mixer will work just fine to beat the cherries into a pulp!
- Add the macerated cherries and shortening into the large bowl with the egg mixture. Slowly add Duncan Hines Devil’s Food Cake mix to the liquid ingredients.
- Pour into baking dish and place in the center of the oven rack.
- Let cake cool for about an hour, while the cake is cooling make the ganache. In a medium bowl add semi-sweet chocolate chips and 4T butter.
- Put mixture into the microwave for 15-20 seconds at a time until the texture is as smooth as silk. After each time fold the chocolate and butter to distribute the heat evenly.
- If you want a pretty cake, wait until cake has cooled to spread ganache. If you can’t postpone eating this food hack make it hot and messy!
Let’s fancify the food coming out of your kitchen.
The recipes in this section probably won’t be organic but they will be tasty. A food hacks base is centered around a pre-made element or boxed item but will have a twist. The twist allows what could be a boring or bland dish to become something that you wouldn’t be ashamed to serve to a chief! These recipes are easy yet wonderful and can be made on any budget. Food hacks allow an individual who may not be particularly inclined in the kitchen to provide fabulous meals, snacks or desserts to family and friends, without all the nerves and fuss. They are also great for people who just don’t have the time to make everything from scratch.