If you or your partner are trying to eat healthier, or your just in the mood for a DIY Valentine’s Day, make AHP Homemade Date Rolls! These little gems are also great for kids. My children are convinced they’re eating a chocolate bar, which I have explained is not the case, but they don’t believe me!
AHP Homemade Date Rolls
20 – 30 minutes
2 hours – overnight
- food processor
- knife, cutting board or dough knife
- Madjool dates: approximately 1 lb.
- hot water: 1/8 c
- pecans: 1 c
- dark chocolate: 1/4 c (if you wish)
- Pit dates
- Place hot water and dates in the food processor.
- Grind dates into a paste.
- Chop pecans
- Lay out 12 inch square piece of wax paper of your counter.
- Add an even layer chopped pecans to the center of you wax paper.
- Pour date paste over top of the pecans.
- Shape the mixture by folding over the wax paper then rolling until it has reached desired shape.
- Refrigerate overnight or a minimum of 2 hours.
- Keep wrapped or unwrap and cut date log in 3/4 inch slices.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
The perfect Valentine’s Day to pair with your candies!