Preserve that Beautiful Jack O’ Lantern

CELEBRATIONS / HOLIDAY, ENTERTAINMENT, MAKE, OTHER FOOD STUFF, QUICK-TIPS

ahp-image-FI-entertainment-celebrations_holiday-Preserve_that_Beautiful_Jack_O_Lantern

Once you cut into a pumpkin they don’t last long, about 5 to 10 days. To maximize the longevity of your brilliant creations, here are a few quick-tips.

bleach it!

Once you cut into your pumpkin and scooped out the inside, get some Clorox and bleach it. Using a spray bottle, add a tablespoon of bleach to 16 ounces of water. Spray the interior and exterior, don’t forget about all those edges! Don’t get the pumpkin too wet. Pat dry with CLEAN rag or paper towel.

bleach free house?

Use rubbing alcohol and follow the above instructions. I find bleach works better though.

keep it crisp

A cut edge on a pumpkin tends to shrivel-up and cave-in, leaving your pumpkin a crinkly mess. Use Vaseline on all edges, it will prevent this problem from occurring so rapidly.

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

No Comments

Leave a Reply

Pin It on Pinterest